redlion hmi time is gaining 30 seconds per day

Alanvan69

I have 8 of these systems all running the same code. Just this one seem to gain about 30 seconds in time everyday. So in 48hrs time will be displayed aprox 1 minute faster then time that was sent to HMI using send time command from this pc. NO special time date code being ran on any of the machines yet only this one gains time. Ideas?

.. Ideas?

30s/d is about a third of a tenth of a percent, which may or may not be outside the spec for the device, but does not seem that large to me for an error on an industrial setting.

If that is not adequate for your needs, perhaps you can characterize it and knock it back a second once every 48minutes.

First off, try replacing the battery. You haven't said which HMI you have, so I make no promises, but this method was available in Crimson 3.0, so should go back a while.

If you search the manual for sntp, you might be able to set up a 'good' time keeper to act as an sntp server, and the 'bad' time keeper as an sntp client. You could set the bad clock to correct itself every minute if it is that important. If you have Internet access the SNTP client can use an online ntp server. Otherwise you can connect a GPS sensor to one of the serial ports, and the HMI will grab the time that way.

This is from the manual for a Graphie HMI:
A battery is used to keep time when the unit is without power. Typical
accuracy (at 25°C) of the Graphite time keeping is less than one minute
per month drift.