ML1400 ASCII Comms

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Am in the middle of doing some ASCII comms from a Barcode Scanner with a ML1400.
I have it all working, even with the fact that the barcode reader sends a different string based on good read/bad read.
I have used the .UL bit to acheive this, & it does seem to be working ok, but am slightly concerned that this is not best practice?

Also, I need to check for certain characters in the string, this is all easy enough, but how can I 'hard-code' the ASCII strings, so that if it were a new PLC, then the values would already be there?

Would better practice to be to use the STX/ETX characters in the channel configuration, rather than extracting the string after certain characters?

Cheers:beer:

Similar Topics

so im setting up a panel mount printer over CH0 on a Micrologix 1400 and im a bit confused as to why its doing what its doing with the ASCii...
Replies
Views
ml1400 (1766 L32BXB) problems with communicacion ascii I configured the channel 2 like ascii, 9600 baudios, parity none, stop bit 1 , data bit 1...
Replies
Views
I have a Keyence SR650 barcode reader hooked up to a ML1400 plc using Ethernet. I can successfully send commands and am reading the read data from...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to send ASCII commands via Ethernet messaging with a ML1400? I have to send instructions to and from a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I need to read data from two dryers with RS232 using ASCII string from Micrologix 1400. Have never done anything like that. I would...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom