oops, can I do it?

ltfordnr

D2 250-1
Need configure for ModBus Master and get messages R/W from other equipment on network.
This ain't like the Logix I'm used to.
Like learning a new trade.
Any Quick tips?

Thanks

Sure you can, but it's a H$LL of a lot easier with a DL260 which has built in MODBUS commands.

I have a set of instructions for dealing with some drives over MODBUS here. Of course it's probably not the equipment you are dealing with. Ignore page 5 - it's what you would get with a DL260.

Instead look at the references in the manual available here
especially those in chapter 4. You'll have to set the port to MODBUS and then (and this is the bad part) translate the external MODBUS reference into the equivalent AD CPU references.

For help on that refer to AN-MISC-009 and AN-MISC-010 available here.

As I said, get a DL260 CPU. See you when you get done.

Thanks Berie, I was thinkin' the same thing. I thought it would be lovely to use a spare 250-1 but alas, I now see the investment in a 260 would be the way to go. I was ready to do some creative networking and general trickery to overcome the 422 issue as well but with the 260 it will be much more streamlined.
Thanks for the time,
ltfordnr:sick: