s7300 ethernet

mr_sleepy

I have an existing system design that requires ethernet functionality. I am using a cpu315-2dp with a profibus network that covers approx 100m, there is about 50 nodes in total and 2 hmis that all connect on the profibus. All that the ethernet needs to be capable of is allowing another user to request data from the cpu for external data logging and possibly access to the program and profibus network so that changes could be made without a dedicated siemens programming cable. Im not familiar with siemens ethernet so im not really sure where to start.

I did a bit of digging around on this forum first and the suggestion seems to be either a cp343-1 lean or a cpu315-2pn/dp. does the cpu 315-2pn/dp have profibus on it also or is it just an ethernet port? Also does the cp343-1 allow me the remote program access and data acquisition?

Many thanks in advance.

does the cpu 315-2pn/dp have profibus on it also or is it just an ethernet port?
The "dp" is because it also has a DP port.

Also does the cp343-1 allow me the remote program access and data acquisition?
Yes.

CP343-1 LEAN is the cheapest solution.

Changing the CPU to the latest generation 315-2PN/DP will give you a significant performance boost over the older 315-2DP, and the ethernet connections is also much faster than the CP343-1.

A 315-2DP connected to 50 DP slaves AND 2 HMIs also on DP. While you are at it, think about moving one or both HMIs on ethernet. Changing DP to mono-master will give the DP net an improvement in the TTr of a factor 10.

When you say mono master is that the cpu is the only master on the bus tickbox? Cheaper is definitely better, been discussing with my colleagues here and the separate card also allows for it to be a cost option instead of a standard offering. Ive never done the hmis over ethernet, is that just as easy to set up as the profibus comms (which was extremely easy)? Is there any pitfalls i should watch out for when doing it this way?

You have 50 DP nodes, and 2 HMI panels. That is not a small plant or machine.
To me it sounds as bad judgement to try and save 500 € by not using the ethernet CPU per standard. And the added bonus is that the DP net is much faster.

Well it could be. The system is fairly large but it is a very slow process that is being controlled so we are not overly concerned about the speed of the network. Looking into the hmi/ethernet its more expensive to change the system to work that way as we would need special tooling for making the ethernet connections and more cabling etc. The separate card will be more than suitable just now. Ill keep it in mind for future projects though. Thanks.