not possible to install "drive es simatic"

pokajy

Hi
I'm having problem to installing drive es simatic program.
It just says installing and it stays like that for hours.
30065431.jpg

You can see my simatic manager prog version in picture. I don't think there is a problem with that.maybe my virus program is blocking something. I also disabled it but still no result.

28044678.jpg

When I trying to open project with simatic manager I get message about missing softwares. I think I need drive es.Or do I have to install simotion scout?

33205211.jpg

I want to change a s7-300 cpu. old cpu has cp343-1 lean, I'm planning to change it with a cpu with profinet ports.there are sinamics drivers on profibus so If I download without drive es, I think new cpu won't reach to sinamics via profibus.
So is there any comments? ( I also tried to install starter, again freezed )
Now I open project, naturally I don't see sinamics driver on profibus.

Drive ES maybe looking for pre-requsites (some software that has to be there for the drive ES to work propelry).
It does take a while but NOT hours.
Not sure why it hangs.
As far as Simotion and Siwarex, those are different software packages that you need to edit hardware and such in the exisiting project as the original developer used the software to create the project.
You can purchase the packages and when install integrate with step 7 and it will solve your "missing software" issue.

my 2 cents
Try copying your dvd's to your hard drive and then installing

Also- DriveES Simatic and DriveES Basic are two totally different
packages that do different things
DriveES Basic is a package with Starter,Drive Monitor and a few others that allow drives to integrate in to Step7. (integrate parameters sets...do routing....etc)

DriveES Simatic is a library of functions and function blocks for drive communication...alarming..downloading parameter sets...etc

From your "missing software" message, I think you might need Scout.
But
Can you post your project somewhere?

sorry I can't post project because it's not allowed.If I share, someone may kick me out I may loose my job :)

I also have "drive es basic"
now I'll try to install it.

I have masterdrive-mm440 and sinamics drivers.

for masterdrive and mm440 I need driver monitor
for sinamics I need starter huh?
Or can I use driver monitor for sinamics too?

DriveES Basic comes with Starter, Drive Monitor, SimoCom U, SimoCom A

Masterdrives use Drive Monitor
Sinamics uses Starter
MM4 uses Starter

Like BKottaras stated, you will also need Siwarex config tool installed too, or you will
not be able to modify the hardware configuration.

Last edited:
I tried to install "drive es basic". again freezed.
And I checked everything and found that it was all because of a wrong "wireless network software". I uninstalled it and tried again
"drive es simatic".
now I can see sinamic drivers.

24860803.jpg

siwarex's in another cpu.

thanks u all for helps.