Problem of SLC 5/05 while putting it on Run Mode

Hi you all Respected Members,
I feel always pleased by reading your comments..

Now I have one Brand New SLC 5/05, and I configured its IP with Bootp/DHCP Server and successfully communicated with it and downloaded my program also.

When I put SLC in Program mode there is no problem, in Remote Prog mode there is aslo no problem bus as I put in Run mode, the processer shows a Fault/Error as below...
"Discrete I/O module in slot 4 which is required for the user program is detected as having the wrong I/O count.
This could also mean that a specialty card driver is incorrect." and Fault LED blinks.. (Run LED does not glow)

In the I/O Configuration wizard,
All Input modules including analog input modules are being read by processor but in the case of Output module in slot 4 it shows as..
"Part# OTHER, Description: I/O Module - ID Code = 0"

I am running,
RSLogix500 Ver. 7.10.00(CPR 7)
RSLinx Classic Gateway Ver. 2.50.00.20(CPR 7)
OS- Windows XP Professional
Controller- 1747-L552/c (32K) SLC 5/05, FRN: 11, SER: C
Slot 1 of Rack: 1746-IB16
Slot 2 of Rack: 1746-IB16
Slot 4 of Rack: 1746-OB16
Slot 6 of Rack: 1746-NI8

What should I do to rectify this problem.. Please help me soon..

Thanking you all in advance..
Take care.. Bye..

Post your .rss file ( zip it first) if you can. Maybe someone cab spot something.

Other then that power down and try removing and reinstalling the card.

Don't see anything unusual.

Have you tried moving the module to a different slot?

Do you have loads connected to the module yet? If so do you have surge protection across the loads?

Yes I have also tried the module in a different slot but same thing is happening for that perticular slot.
No, I have not connected any loads to any modules yet.

Last edited:
make a copy of your program as a backup.
then, go online with the cpu and have the software read the i/o configuration. that might give you a better idea of what's going on. this isn't the first time ab has made i/o cards with the wrong i/o signature on them.
you also might want to check the card / chassis to see i the pins are bent.

regards,
james

You need to determine whether the chassis or the module is damaged.

When a module ID cannot be read it usually indicates a damaged backplane chip or damaged backplane bus. I have seen several SLC chassis damaged by metal fragments that fall into the chassis during assembly and modification of the enclosure.

You can troubleshoot by creating a new RSLogix 500 program and inserting only one module at a time, powering up and running the "Read I/O Configuration" feature in RSLogix 500.

If the controller cannot correctly identify any module installed in Slot 3, then you definitely have a damaged chassis.

If your 1746-OB16 modules can be identified in a different slot, you have verified that the module is functional.

VERY IMPORTANT: Do not insert or remove modules into an SLC controller chassis while the power is applied. This will damage the modules.

ControlLogix (1756) chassis do support I/O removal and insertion under power but the SLC (1746) chassis does not.

Thank you soooo much for your kind help Ken Roach...

I checked as per your suggestion and I found that all Input Modules are being detected by controller in all the Slots of the Rack.
Only the OB16 is not being detected in any slot of the Rack by processor.
So can I say that the OB16 is faulty and it needs to be changed?

Thanks again for your help...
Warm Regards..