S7-1200 hmi

junior

I'm working on a project with a S7-1200 PLC that's connected to a KTP1000 touch screen. I'm using the S7 Basic software to prepare the panels for the touchscreen and I'm finding that the software is as it's title, very basic, and the 256 color limitation is ridiculous as it makes the graphics look like ****.

A couple of things I can't figure out:
1. I want to have a push button on the screen, where I have an image as the background and also write text in the center of the push button. Is there a way to do this? or is there at least a way to make a push button with the background transparent and only the text show up?

2. Is there a way to make the push button momentary?

3. Is there a way to make "pop-up" windows or panels smaller then the 640 x 480 size?

If anybody has any advice on the above questions, that will be greatly appreciated.

1. I want to have a push button on the screen, where I have an image as the background and also write text in the center of the push button. Is there a way to do this? or is there at least a way to make a push button with the background transparent and only the text show up?
You can make a button invisible and put it over your image or text.

For event select "press" and then the function "SetBitWhileKeyPressed"

3. Is there a way to make "pop-up" windows or panels smaller then the 640 x 480 size?
I think that's not possible.

You can make a button invisible and put it over your image or text.

For event select "press" and then the function "SetBitWhileKeyPressed"

I think that's not possible.

2/ Sometimes SetBitWhileKeyPressed is not an option. If not, you can set a bit when button is pressed and reset when it's released

3/ You could use a layer on your template screen that is visible when you want your popup to appear.

Thanks for the response guys, those are great suggestions. I have one more question. Is there a way to change the plc address for a tag by pressing a button? For example, I have a numeric display that's displaying a value in a PLC tag "temperature_1". When I press a button on the screen, the same numeric display will show the numeric value in PLC tag "temperature_2".

In AB factory talk view this would be done through the use of parameter files, where you would load up a different parameter file when the button is pressed. Is there a similar feature in S7-1200 HMI?

As far as I know this feature is not available.
I can think of two ways to get the result you want.
1) Put two proces values on top of each other, one for "temperature_1" and one for "temperature_2".
Add a visibility tag to both of them with inverted visibility.
With your button you invert the bit. The bit can be an internal HMI-tag.

2)Put the proces value "temperature" on your screen.
With your button you invert a PLC-tag and, depending of the status of this bit, you move "temperature_1" or "temperature_2" to the PLC-tag "temperature".

Try Multiplexing to achieve this

Thanks for the response guys, those are great suggestions. I have one more question. Is there a way to change the plc address for a tag by pressing a button? For example, I have a numeric display that's displaying a value in a PLC tag "temperature_1". When I press a button on the screen, the same numeric display will show the numeric value in PLC tag "temperature_2".

In AB factory talk view this would be done through the use of parameter files, where you would load up a different parameter file when the button is pressed. Is there a similar feature in S7-1200 HMI?

You can achieve this using the mulitplexing tag feature.

You create a tag, say numeric_display as a multiplexed tag. This tag is assigned to the temperature tag 1 or temperature tag 2 based on the value of a third tag, say 'Switch PLC'.

You can change the tag 'Switch PLC' using the button on the screen. I have added a snapshot of this screen...

Multiplexing for basic panels is only available from Wincc Flexible 2008 SP2 onwards. Incase you have an older version of the software you will need to upgrade...

Mplex tag.jpg

I'm working on a project with a S7-1200 PLC that's connected to a KTP1000 touch screen. I'm using the S7 Basic software to prepare the panels for the touchscreen and I'm finding that the software is as it's title, very basic, and the 256 color limitation is ridiculous as it makes the graphics look like ****.

If anybody has any advice on the above questions, that will be greatly appreciated.

Totally agree, thats one reason i wont use the basic panels at all.

Rock on Redlion (y)

You should also have a look at the text lists option.
In a text list you can add your tag names and comments and relate them to values. In an IO-field you can connect the text list and assign it to a TAG. By selecting an alternative from the list, the related value will be transfered to the TAG.
You can then use this TAG as your MUX.
(Maybe the MUX must be an IO-tag - I don't remember, but think it once was an issue in a previous thread.)

Kalle

Sweet, I think that multiplexing feature is what I'm looking for, I'll do some playing around with it

Happy Holidays everyone!

One other thing I'm scratching my head about. I've created an internal tag "ice_cream" and it's of type wstring. The purpose of the tag is to hold a string value on the type of ice cream the user enters in from a input field.

My problem is, how can I set a default value for this tag? and is there a way to make the tag keep the updated value when the power is turned off and then back on on the KN1000?