S7 1200 HMI Retentive Tags

junior

Is there a way to create retentive tags in the KTP1000 basic panel using S7 Basic, so if the power to the touch screen goes out, the tag retains it's latest value? Is there also a way to have a default value in the tag?

Stop working, its Christmas!

I use data blocks. There's a place in that data block variable (a column) to select
That variable to be retentive.
Bam
Your done

LOL, you're right! I shouldn't be working, just I've been trying to figure this out all week and it's driving me crazy =)

I should of been more specific in my question, I was refering to HMI Tags and not PLC tags

LOL, you're right! I shouldn't be working, just I've been trying to figure this out all week and it's driving me crazy =)

I should of been more specific in my question, I was refering to HMI Tags and not PLC tags

Well, it wont be retentive in the HMI
but it will in the plc
The HMI just reads and write data

Whats getting you thinking HMI?
Im curious

I need to have a few buttons on the HMI touch screen that the user can change the text on. I'm doing this by displaying a text field above the button & the text field is tied to a HMI Tag. These tags have nothing to do with the PLC, so they can be internal tags to the HMI.

Obviously if the power is lost then I want to retain the latest entry of the tag, and if the user powers up the HMI for the first time, then I need a default title for the buttons.

I need to have a few buttons on the HMI touch screen that the user can change the text on. I'm doing this by displaying a text field above the button & the text field is tied to a HMI Tag. These tags have nothing to do with the PLC, so they can be internal tags to the HMI.

Obviously if the power is lost then I want to retain the latest entry of the tag, and if the user powers up the HMI for the first time, then I need a default title for the buttons.

I got ya
So the text can be anything? Anything the operator types in?
If so- my first thought is to use string data in the plc and still
use a data block

Yes, the text can be anything up to 10 characters. I don't mind using the data blocks, I just thought why use up PLC memory when I can use the HMI memory