Custom Login Screen in FactoryTalk ME

bwill

I would like to edit the login screen in FactoryTalk ME Ver. 5.1 to allow for users to select a username from a drop down list, instead of typing it in manually. The end-user purchased a non-touch screen PanelView + 1500 and would like to utilize a list instead of the tedious keypad entry. Does anyone know how to accomplish this, or if it's even possible?

Thanks

I think your stuck with what Rockwell supplies especially if your using the security features of FTView ME on a PV+. If you were running in on a CE PV+ or on a PC there might be other ways to do this.

Perhaps you could let the PLC do the security and use a multistate indicator to select users.

That is correct you are stuck with the built-in security features if you are running FactoryTalk ME on a PV+. All of these features are built into the firmware.

This has been on my wishlist since version 3.0, along with a better-looking onscreen keyboard.

Make sure you feed this back to RA via your local "Solution Architect". If RSI doesn't hear feedback, they'll keep rolling along and we'll never get improvements to the software that aren't part of some 3M/GM/Kraft "user experience focus group".

I was just at a vendor site that built security into routines in the PLC and completely left the security on the FactoryTalk application unused.

It gave them a little more flexibility, but obviously they had to spend time testing and programming it, and it adds some overhead to the program.