AB PLC communication Problem

Robotheking

I have a communication issue that I cannot figuire out. I configured my laptop and RSLink and RSLogix and had communication on one machine. Got the programs downloaded and thought every thing was good.

Went to a different machine to download the program and could not get the PLC to talk to the laptop.

Went back to the first machine and know I cannot get the first machine to communicate to the laptop. The first machine is using a SLC 5/03, Panelview 600, USB Interface Convertor and AB Cable #1747-C10 (connected to Panelview 600).

The second machine is from Italy. It is also using a SLC-5/03 and a panelview 300. Using the USB Interface Convertor and a different cable, AB #1747-C13 Series B, I was not able to communicate directly to the PLC. I did not try to the panelview 300, because the access panel was not easy to get at. Tried different settings in RSLink but still would get a error.

Went back to the first machine and put all the settings back into RSLink and cannot talk to the Panelview 600 thru RSLogix. Not sure what to do? Both of the USB and OK are solid, but nothing on the DH485 side. Does not seem to find the node, just seems to keep searching. Any ideas.

The orginal settings were as follow:
Comm port: Com 6; Device: 1770-KF3/1747-KE; Baud Rate: 19200; Station Number: 0; Parity: None; Error Checking: CRC; Stop Bits: 1; Protcol: Full Duplex and did not use Auto-Configure.

The most likely problem is a node address conflict. Try changing RSLinx's station number to something like 11 or higher.

If that does not work post the .rss file you downloaded and the panelview's file if you can. (zip them first)

Hi,

I will try changing the station number, but I cannot get on the machine at this time. Here are the two files in the zipped format.

From the files you posted the SLC's node address is set to node 1 and the PV is set to node 2. There should be no conflict there if RSLinx is set for node 0.

The proper cable is a 1747-C13 if connecting to a DH485 port. see picture below.

cable.jpg

Yes I agree, but the 1747-C13 Cable is only for going directly to the SLC to the Invertor. When I want to directly from the Invertor to the PV600, I have to use the 1747-C10 Cable. It is basically the same cable, except one end of the 1747C10 cable has a larger connector for the PV600.

Hi, after more searching, I found the two files for the other machine. I will attach them so you can look at them, but I am still not sure why I cannot communicate with either machine.

The Slc's port on the file you just posted is the same as the first one ( node 1)
But the PV has DF1 protocol , so it must be connected to the serial port of the SLC5/03.

Double check the com port the USB device has taken, your above post says com 6 but is that true. Some PC's will grab a different port each time it is plugged in.

Last edited: