New to the PLC World

plug56UK

Hello,
Could some one please advice me on the best combination of hardware/software to produce small control system with the abiltiy to send data to the internet for monitoring only.

Need to make money so do I go down the OEM route or buy in a known vendor ?

Thank you

You could opt for a relatively low cost solution using any type of PLC with a Proface HMI. Proface have a good piece of software called GP-Viewer EX - remote monitoring software. You can use it to check the situation of the site on PCs outside the site, as you can view/operate the same screens as those at the site through the Ethernet.

I've not tried it myself but I've used the Pro-Server EX - data collection and data management software which is equally powerful but low cost compared to some of the other high end software solutions on the market.

James

My £0.02
I use Omron's CP1L plc for its shear best-in-class performance for small control systems, and connect it to the internet via an '****' 3G router wotsit.
Loads of connectivity options with this setup. Local Omron support to you is bloody marvellous, too (personal experience:nodi:)
Pp

edit: hmmm, swear filter seems to have picked up on "e W O N". Wonder what that means???

Last edited: