HMI Upgrade

Mrgumbo

Hey all,

I am doing an upgrade to a control room that has six computers for six different processes and want to remotely rack mount the PCs and use KVM extenders back to the control room. We currently use RSView32, but will upgrade to FTView SE later. Is there anyone with experience / advice on hardware, brands, best practices etc...
o_O

Thanks!

We use stealth Computers http://www.stealth.com/industrial_rackmounts_sr4500Bdatasheet.htm for rack mount PC's and servers. They are real rugged and have good suppport. For KVM i use aten brand and models which have local and Ip control. KVM will be by the amount of computers ,control method,amount of monitors,Usb and sound share,etc.

We use vnc on all the units for lan remote control,logmein free for control from the internet and RDP as a backup for local remote control. The kvm is for pre os boot type work from a remote location.

Tim, I will be running RSView32 Runtime software on them for now, then switch to RSView SE later and use them as client stations after a conversion. They will run RSView ME Station as well.