directsoft software for KOYO plc. forcing an input bit

Create a Dataview. Enter the address of the input under the Element column. To get the status of the input showing in the 'status' column make sure that the 'status' button, to the left of the Dataview button' is selected. If the 'Enable' column is not showing select the 'Edit' button at the top left of the dataview window. 'On' and 'Off' buttons appear. These are fully functional yet as the state of the input has control. Finally to enable 'forcing' or 'overriding' open the Options (labled as Opts) button in the standard line of buttons. Open the 'Data View' tab and within it the 'Display-1' tab. On the lower right select 'Override Bits'. To return control to the actual input turn the override off.

Back on the dataview the override 'on' and 'off' buttons appear. Click the 'override On' button and the 'O' symbol appears. Now the 'regular 'On' and 'Off' buttons are effective. Remember that in AD processors a power cycle will clear all overrides.

Also make sure that you are using a KSequence link. Note that not all Koyo PLC's will allow forcing. If the PLC does not appear to allow forcing, create a new rung 1 and set the bit in that rung. Delete the rung after you are done testing.