PLC Programming

As far as I'm aware, this isn't possible unless you implemented a switch that people could push everytime they've done an upload? I don't think there's an automated way of doing this...?

Unless uploading would adversely affect the scan time and there was some way of monitoring fluctuations in scan time perhaps??

Do you mean "Downloading" - As in transferring a new program to the PLC ?

If this is Logix5000 (1756 ControlLogix/GuardLogix, 1768 CompactLogix/CompactGuardLogix, 1769 Compactlogix, 1789 SoftLogix, or DriveLogix) you are talking about, then yes, there is a way, using "Controller Logging" to CompactFlash memory card.

Get hold of Publication 1756-PM015C-EN-P and look at chapter 3.

If it is anything other than those above, I'm afraid I don't know.

Last edited:
Again, not sure about uploading, but for downloading. For many PLCs, when you download a PLC program, the PLC leaves run mode during the download. Most PLCs have a "first scan" program or bit that executes or is set on the first scan of a program after leaving stop mode.

You could hook a counter up to the first scan program or bit.

Again, not sure about uploading, but for downloading. For many PLCs, when you download a PLC program, the PLC leaves run mode during the download. Most PLCs have a "first scan" program or bit that executes or is set on the first scan of a program after leaving stop mode.

You could hook a counter up to the first scan program or bit.

Which of course will count every transition into run-mode, including any power outages, deliberate or not.