assignment of rack numbers for plc 5

NILESHISPATEL

Question. 1
We set up rack numbers by first connection all the chassis in daisy chain config. Then for assigning the rack number ( I assume there is no dip switch in PLC 5 to set up rack no. as in case of PLC 2), we just turn off all the chassises and then start turning one chassis on and assign the number in computer to that ON chassis, then turn off the chassis. Again turn ON another chassis and assign number and after assigning number Turn if OFf. and so on. Is it the thing we do in PLC 5. Since long time I am not in connection with PLC 5 so I have forgotten. Pls. clarify

That's not the way it works.

Rack Numbers are configured by a set of DIP switches on the 1771-ASB adapter modules.

You must consult the 1771-ASB User Manual for the setting of the DIP switches on the adapter and the 1771 backplane.

You can use the "Autoconfig" feature to detect all the chassis that are powered on and connected to the network, or you can individually manually configure the scanlist for each PLC-5 RIO Scanner channel.