Grundfos CIM500 EIP IP Address Assignment

mtomlinson

Hello,
I'm not sure if this kind of troubleshooting post is allowed here, but I'm at a loss.

I'm trying to configure a Grundfoss CIM 500 ethernet/IP communication module for a Grundfos Pump. For this particular module you need to give the module a webserver IP and 'pump' IP.

I was able to set a webserver IP when the rotary switch was in position 0 (profinet). When this gets switched to position 3 (EIP) I'm unable to connect to the modules webserver and get intermittent pings back from it. You have to have the switch in position 3 to set the pumps IP address. Does anyone have experience with this module and know how I can get it up and running?

Is it started in DHCP mode? You can change the IP address to stored value with the Rockwell BootP/DHCP server tool which you can get free of charge with the RSLi suite. As you point out, the web server's IP. address is different from the pump IP address. The webserver IP addresss you set in Profinet mode should remain the same when switching to EtherNet/IP. If you have doubts use wireshark to capture when reconnecting the cable to the RJ45 jack, and take note of the MAC addresses

Is it started in DHCP mode? You can change the IP address to stored value with the Rockwell BootP/DHCP server tool which you can get free of charge with the RSLi suite. As you point out, the web server's IP. address is different from the pump IP address. The webserver IP addresss you set in Profinet mode should remain the same when switching to EtherNet/IP. If you have doubts use wireshark to capture when reconnecting the cable to the RJ45 jack, and take note of the MAC addresses

I've gotten as far as assigning the web server's IP. The IP does remain the same as you say, though once I switch it to EIP mode I can no longer connect to the webserver. When I ping it they come back intermittently. See the image below (if it works on here) - the solid pings are when in profinet mode (0). When they go out, the device is being restarted, and when they return intermittently is when it's in EIP mode.

LtO0nHm

EDIT: here's the direct link https://imgur.com/a/cyqd9nd

I cant tell what is happening from the ping screenshot. I would learn more with a wireshark trace connecting the PC directly to the pump, pulling the RG45 cable out and in again with wireshark capturing, in EtherNet/IP mode.

I've done several of these recently.
Attached are my notes which are short form from the
CIM-500 product manual.

Access the Webserver default IP address 192.168.1.100
and make changes to both IP Addresses from there.

If IP address or password unknown, do the factory reset procedure using the rotary switch.