Grundfos and Modbus

does anynoe have experiencce communicating with a grundfos G100 using modbus? I'm trying to use an Allen Bradley SLC 505 with a prosoft modbus module to gather the information, and as of yet have been unable to get data out that is recognizable. I have established communication, and gotten data, but its not what im expecting. I think its an addressing problem, and the grundfos literauter is not very user friendly. any help would be appriciated.

G100 Gateway for Grundfos

Did you get this issue resolved?

I am currently working on the same Gateway and is lacking the documentation needed for the Gateway.

Concerning MODBUS applications in general - if you are getting data (not just comm errors) but it's not what you are expecting consider:

1. That it may be from a location 1 place different than what you think you are addressing.

2. If it is a multi-byte transfer of information consider that the byte order may be inverted.

3. Finally if you are expecting floating point information veryfy that the floating point methods are the same.

Did you get this issue resolved?

I am currently working on the same Gateway and is lacking the documentation needed for the Gateway.
yes I was able to get it resolved. no thanks to Grundfos. I sent them all the information in the hopes they would be able to pass it on to others that were in the same situation, but most likely either the person who has it, never shared it, or didnt feel it was worth giving out. if you want to contact me direct my email is [email protected] and i can give you the document i created with all the information i was able to come up with. it is bigger than what can be uploaded to the forum

bob