Grundfos booster pump skid with CU 352 ethernet card

jakeparsons03

I have a grundfos Hydro pump skid with a cu 352 ethernet card communicating with an allen bradley 5069 compactlogix controller. I have the aoi in my project and the IP address set on both ends. I can ping the grundfos skid but for whatever reason studio 5000 won't see it. Am I missing something?

I've tried power cycling the grundfos skid after I set the ip address. Refreshing the module in studio. Not sure what else to do.

Do you have a CIM 500 EtherNet/IP option module installed?
If not what, what option module do you have?
without an option card (ethernet I/P or Modbus) the controller has a built in web server.

I think the Grundfos device supports different products. Could it be cobfigured at this moment in say Profinet? In that case you would be able to ping it but the EtherNet/IP scanner would not see it, as you describe. In that case you would nedd to check how to change the protocol. For example rotary switch or embedded web server.

1) Set the Rotary switch for protocol selection in pos 3 = EtherNet/IP
2) Make a power cycling on the CU352
3) Connect to the webserver on the CIM500 card
4) Make the IP settings for the Real time Ethernet protocol (This is the PLC interface) and no DHCP - Submit
5) Make the IP settings for Network settings (Webserver) in same IP scope and subnet and no DHCP - Submit
6 Restart the module from restart menu or make a power cycling on the CU352

Ping the IP address for the Real time Ethernet protocol to check connection.

To see data from the system use the Grundfos PC Tool CIM-CIU and connect to Real time Ethernet IP address

Last edited: