3 Wire Start Stop IN RSVIEW 32

weilerot

Can someone help me in RsView 32? I am not a student. I am trying to just program a simple start-stop in RsView 32. When I used Archie Jacobs software and it was simple. I programmed a circuit and it worked fine. I do not understand RsView32 tag based menthod. I am using a Micrologix 1200. This controller does not use tag based programming. How do I address a start or stop button? Any help is appreciated.

Herb

You should program the start/stop logic in the Micrologix. It will look something like this

RSView_StartPB RSView_StopPB
B3/0 B3/1 O:0/0
----] [------+-----]\[-----------------( )----
|
O:0/0 |
----] [------+

In RSView you will create two digital device tags called StartButton and StopButton. StartButton is assigned the PLC address of B3:0/0 and StopButton is assigned the PLC address of B3:0/1. Create a graphics screen in RSView with two momentary buttons on it and assign the release function of those buttons to the StartButton and StopButton tags.