Instrument Loop diagram

learner

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Can we show the wires providing 120VAC power to a four wire flow transmitter on the Instruments Loop Diagram?

I don't know why I think we should be showing the 4-20mA signal Only.

Thanks

I don't know if it conforms to ISA standards, but I always show external power to a transmitter, particularly 120 VAC, on my loop diagrams.

As far as I'm concerned, you can show whatever you want -- they're YOUR drawings. The information on those drawings is intended to make it easier/faster for you to troubleshoot your system - and as much RELEVANT info as you can include is always better.

Thanks. I agree. i just needed a second openion. I believe it's better to show the instruments source of energy.

Thanks again