CompactLogix L35E to SLC 50 /4 via DF1

LogicON

I want to read F251:0 to F251:31 on the SLC back to the CompactLogic via serial connection DF1.

Do I use "Map PLC/SLC Messages" in RSLogix 5000?
If so, in "Map PLC/SLC Messages" do I put '251' in the File Number?
If I create a CompactLogix tag data type REAL and same size [32] as F251 called 'CPLX_F251'. Do I put 'CPLX_F251' in Name field.

Is there anything else I should know?

The "Map PLC/SLC Messages" feature is only required if the ControlLogix-family controller is the target of a message from a controller that supports only PLC/SLC addressing (including the MicroLogix controllers).

When the ControlLogix is the MSG initiator, you can directly use a "Fxx:yy" data table address in the MSG instruction as the remote data source, and use an ordinary array tag in the ControlLogix as the local data target.

When setting up the Message configuration on the CompactLogix to READ from a SLC via DF1.

What do you put into the Communication Path field and what communication Method do you use?