Analog input Terminaton

Guys,
I need some help with basics for analog input terminations on the PLC card.Can anyone suggest some link or material to read up on that details from the basics for single ended inout,differential input...shield input...etc...Thanks

When to connect shield on both ends? for Analog Input

Guys,
Can you give a brief reasoning and guide as to when to connect shield and both ends or just one end for PLC input?

If you ground at both ends the screen becomes ac onductor, This can result in any bvoltage dropped across the screen affecting your measurement.. so ground only at 1 end.
There are arguiments as to which end but I normally specify the PLC end

Similar Topics

I'm having trouble calming down 2 Tempo Sonics. I'm using Studio 5000 CompactLogix my Raw value is jumping around from 8575.0 to 8755.0 at a...
Replies
Views
I cannot add SLC500 analog input tag (I: 8.3) to EZSeries Touch Panel Editor (V 5.3). I used all the listed tag datatype but it all says "Invalid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have questions. I have Analog Input that need to put into Ignition Designer. But I don't know how to put?
Replies
Views
Omron AD081-V1 Analog Input Card Offset & Gain Adjustment Entering Adjustment Mode 1. Set the input card in adjustment mode (Turn ON Dip SW No-1)...
Replies
Views
Why AMIo800 Analog input module's I/O LED is Lighting up Red? Checked module connections, 4-20ma wires etc but this light is continuously Lighting...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom