wago remote i/o on profibus network replacement

Jeff23spl

Hello
I have to replace a wago module and i would like to know if their is something software to configure on the remote hardware itself or if everything is on the plc program.

A red light is lit and i found the meaning of that light on the spec to be an hardware problem of the module itself.

I have seen profibus adress dipswitch and i expect it to be the only thing to figure out but i never worked with that and i haven't so much info on the system...

Should i be aware of more?

if it's a DI/DO or AI/AO then short answer is NO. Power off and replace module and then power back up.
Basically models ending with 3xx no software needed eg DeviceNet module will remap itself automatically comms are set up with the dipswitch as in profibus.
Ending with 8xx then reconfigure is necessary ie use wago IO check.

What is the module number you are replacing or is it discrete IO ?

Last edited:
Read this i have worked with the 306 which is DeviceNet.
Turn off replace module with same dip switch settings and then turn back on.
Wait to initialise and the module writes its IO into the ram of the protocol chip be it canbus, modbus, DeviceNet or Profibus.
The master then reads the 32bytes Input and 32bytes Output of the Profibus slave.
You can configure the IO or upgrade the firmware with wago IO check socket under lift up flap - this is NOT necessary if you are just replacing the faulty module.
Very much like the ET200 profibus just set the dipswitch and replace.