Beckhoff BX8000-0000

automat_plc

Hi,

please few advices ...

This is my first time to work with Beckhoff PLC, so if someone can help, i'll be very thankfull!!

I have PLC Beckhoff BX8000-0000 + ZK1000-0030 serial cable,
and i want to download my source code to the mentioned PLC via
PC serial port(COM1).
Of course, i connected serial cable to the PLC port X01(serial), but i can't achieve communication in TwinCat software.

In System manager a have chosen:
File>New from Template>BX8000
also i tried to set all parameters in:
Choose target System ... etc...
but no way to achieve communication.

Is there something wrong in device configuration or system configuration(target syste, communications parameters), i don't know, so every advice will be very useful.

Thanks a lot!!

Best regards!!!

I have never worked with the BX8000, but I do know that when you start a new project in PLC Control, there is a selection for BX via serial. Are you using that configuration?

Once that is the project type, you can go to the Online menu to configure the communication settings. I'm not sure if you need to use System Manager.

check the speed of the communication in the communication parameters
and the correct port settings etc.
the speed could be 9600, however dependend of your system.
just play with it, sometimes it is changed in the PLC.
you could use ethernet settings and then do everything over the net it is a lot faster.

I have never worked with the BX8000, but I do know that when you start a new project in PLC Control, there is a selection for BX via serial. Are you using that configuration?

Once that is the project type, you can go to the Online menu to configure the communication settings. I'm not sure if you need to use System Manager.

Hi Archie,

thanks a lot for Your response.
Yes i used configuration BX via serial, but didn't help.
How do You think that i do not need to use System Manager??

So, how then i'll be able to configure I/O module and links a variables, also generates a mapping??

As i wrote, this is my first experience with Beckhoff family of PLC, so every advice means me a lot!!

Thank You very much,

best regards!!

check the speed of the communication in the communication parameters
and the correct port settings etc.
the speed could be 9600, however dependend of your system.
just play with it, sometimes it is changed in the PLC.
you could use ethernet settings and then do everything over the net it is a lot faster.

Hi Shooter,

thanks for Your response, yes, i also tried to play with port settings, but didn't help.

For surely , next time i'll use CPU with TCP/IP.o_O

Best regards!!

How do You think that i do not need to use System Manager??

So, how then i'll be able to configure I/O module and links a variables, also generates a mapping??
I may have to be corrected because it has been a number of years since I used a BX controller. I am thinking the BX is similar to the BC series in that the IO addresses are fixed and do not use mapping.

I have same problem with thread starter,, I am familiar with PLC of AB, Nais, Omron, etc. This is my first time to work with Beckhoff PLC(used), at PLC display has password, so I cant look the parameter of communication. PLC only have serial com. I allready installed v2.11 twincat triall version 30 day, I try to connect but failed,
the question is...
1. whether the password is impact to connect with twincat software?
2. I dont know the baudrate, parity, stopbit of PLC. How can I determine the communication parameters?
3. Is there any way that I can reset PLC to the factory default setting (by hardware), there is no battery on PLC.

note:
- PLC Beckhoff BX8000-0000
- on PLC have 2 port DB9 (COM & SSB) dont have ethernet port
- I used configuration BX via serial.

Does anyone know the answer to my question..

Regards,
Nur Muhlis

Last edited:
put this question on 3s-software.com forum
on wago there is a separate program called ethernet settings.
dont know for the beckhoff.