Help with Beckhoff terminals

kallileo

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Beckhoff CX7000 IPC with some digital I/O built-in and I additionally need two analog inputs 0-10V.
Can I install both Ethernet terminals (EL3062) and the older K-type bus terminals (KL3062) on this IPC?

Last edited:
The CX7000 is E-Bus or K-Bus sensing. Depending on which card you plug in immediately after the controller it will sense if it needs to be in K-bus or E-bus mode.
If you choose the first terminal as K-bus all subsequent terminals to the right must also be K bus type (KL, etc)
If you choose E-Bus (EL terminals) then you can place all of your EL terminals.
You can in fact go from E-Bus to K-bus on a rack, you place all the EL terminals, then you need a BK1250 (compact coupler between E-Bus and K-Bus).
Once the the rack is converted with the BK1250 to K-bus all subsequent terminals on that rack must be K-bus. This is meant to allow you to use E-Bus cards for the higher performance or functions only present on EL terminals, while still utilizing some of the K-Bus stuff (slower IO, Special Function cards) basically allow you to reuse any k-bus terminals you might have.

Info on BK1250 [ HERE ]

Patrick