Connecting Siemens MP panels together

orense

Hello,

I have a MP277 panel in a control cabinet. A 315-2 DP is connected to the panel through Profibus DP.

The client wants another MP277 panel in another room, 25 meters from the control room. They want the exact same screens on that panel, i.e. they want to have a slave panel which is basically the same panel, showing the same screens.

Does anybody have any suggestions for the easiest solution?
I know about the smartaccess licence, but I have never used it. Anybody used it before?

Thanks for any answers...

brg
Andreas

I loved Bergen when I was there!!

I have setup comms between multiple HMIs but my project used a PC Runtime and a MP377. Didn't mess with Sm@rtAccess but used a small script to 'hand over' control between the panels.

Also configured the screens with 'enable object' to disable buttons when the station wasn't in control.

I can post some code if you like

Hope this helps

Hello Elake,

Hehe, Bergen is ok when it's summer. The rest of the year it's snowing and raining... I'm glad you liked it :)

Would be nice if you posted some code. It's the only thing I need, really, possibility to change between the panels.

I appreciate it, thanks !

brg
Andreas

Just make a duplicate of the first HMI with a different address.

This would be the simplest solution if your panel doesn't have any recipes. If you have recipes on the panel then they wouldn't be updated on the other panel after making changes. If you have recipes or other higher level functions then you might be better off with the smart access route.

Nick