Modicon Concept and PROWORX 32

Bit Crunch

I have just started a project using a Concept PLC and Magelis HMI. The Vijeo Designer software for the HMI is pretty straight forward but the PROWORX 32 is by far the most frustrating piece of software I have ever used. Not only does it freeze up all the time, but I have lost programming data a couple of times also. I have made the assumption that it is due to Online and Offline programming during the day. Does anybody know how to merge the documentation in the database file with the controller image. I is not working when I perform a read from controller.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Bit Crunch.

...but the PROWORX 32 is by far the most frustrating piece of software I have ever used. Not only does it freeze up all the time, but I have lost programming data a couple of times also.
Welcome to Proworx32. Unfortunately, that welcome is not so pleasant.

I have made the assumption that it is due to Online and Offline programming during the day.
Nope. Proworx32 is just a piece of garbage software. Since PRoworx32 is for 984LL PLCs I don't expect there to be any upgrades. Unfortunately, IMO, there really is not a good software option for you for Modicon. There is a package named PLC Workshop for Modicon made by http://www.fast-soft.com/ that is quite a bit better than Proworx32, however it will BSOD on you from time to time (its done it to me on four different computers), but its still a lot better than Proworx32 and is perhaps the best option on the market right now.

If you can acquire an old license of Proworx NXT then that is the best software for Modicon 984LL. The downside is that its a Win95 program and doesn't play well with WinXP SP2 or later. I know one forum member who runs NXT under VMWare and says it works really well for him.

Do a forum search on "Proworx" for other threads on the topic.

Does anybody know how to merge the documentation in the database file with the controller image. I is not working when I perform a read from controller.
I need a little clarification here. Do you have an offline documented version of the program that Proworx32 can open? If so, are you going online with that program open? There are two ways to get online, one will clear the workspace and documentation and do a read, the other will go online with the already open workspace. Or is your documentation from an older version of Taylor or Modsoft software and you are looking to import it?

edit to add:
When Proworx32 appears to freeze up I suggest you give it a little time, up to two or three minutes in fact. The software has a serious attention deficit disorder. Don't keep clicking away, that will only compound the its ADD. Eventually it will 'remember' its supposed to be doing something and it will do it. Its frustrating as hell, but most hang ups will clear if you wait. If you are waiting more than four minutes then it really has hung and its not its ADD.

Last edited: