1756-cnb/e fail t006

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Call from customer in middle of night, one Clgx CNET drop is down, go online via VPN and find rack faulted.

Drive to site, note FAIL T006 scrolling on 1756-CNB/E status display, power rack off, then on fault goes away.

Researching Rockwell's Knowledge database ,

FAIL T006 means there is a Backplane Mid-Range ASIC Communication Problem

unsure if this is a case of one of these modules that needs to be replaced?

T006 is backplane ASIC error
It may be another module failing and holding backplane preventing CNB from accessing it.
Visually check all modules in the chassis for Atmel-64 chips, TN 40149 and 41204

T006 is backplane ASIC error
It may be another module failing and holding backplane preventing CNB from accessing it.
Visually check all modules in the chassis for Atmel-64 chips, TN 40149 and 41204

Not Atmel-64, only -65

Module components are all manufactured in 2010 or 2011, the noted PSA are before that date.

Did you check ALL modules?
T006 fault most likely caused by another module holding backplane

Only OB32, IB32 , IR6, IF8, IF8H and OF4 in the rack.

I used the online survey Logix Issue Survey Tool, and selecting any of the I/O cards , the Survey Tool stated the recall did not apply to any of the cards

I assume this is a I/O rack and it has no controller or any other communication modules.

In this case CNB or one of I/O module failing.

If you this faut again try to pull one i/O module at the time to see if CNB will recover without cycling power.

I assume this is a I/O rack and it has no controller or any other communication modules.

In this case CNB or one of I/O module failing.

If you this faut again try to pull one i/O module at the time to see if CNB will recover without cycling power.

Love how these problems always occur in the middle of the night