WinCC Flexible; switching to another app

MartinW

Hi,

I have WinCC Flexible 2008 Advanced.

I am creating an HMI for a PC RT environment. I would like to call another application from the WinCC Flexible HMI. I can only, so far, make it launch an instance of a program, not switch to an instance already running.

So I decided to minimise instead, revealing the other application (written with VB6) behind it. I've found that I don't seem to be able to make vb6 change the state of the WinCC app from minimised back to maximised.

Is there a way of doing this or am I screwed?

Thanks,

Martin

Not sure if this will work.
Source: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software...-a-running-application-to-the-foreground.aspx

Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
Set objWMIService = GetObject ("WinMgmts:root\cimv2")

Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process WHERE Name = " & _

If colProcesses.Count > 0 Then
For Each objProcess In colProcesses
If objProcess.CommandLine = strCmdLine Then
WshShell.AppActivate objProcess.Handle

WshShell.SendKeys ("% x")

Exit For
End If
Next
End If

Actually I could use this myself.

I would check for if an application is running, if it does - switch to it, and send an "F5" to it (it will update the application).

If you go this way, let me know the result.