Wiring SmartMod Question?

NickFaraday2

I'm wireing a smartmod I'd like to avoid shelling out $60 for the wireing kit.

I'm Using a standard spliced Cat5 E Cable (White/Green, Green, White/Orange, Blue, White/Blue, Orange, White/Brown, Brown)

SmartMod has the following Inputs (D-, D+, GND, INIT).

I'm plugging into the MJ2 port XE-XE105 (RS485) Not sure if in full or half duplex by default by pin are:

Full (RX+, RX-, TX+, TX-, 60mA, Gnd, RXD, TXD)
Half(TX-/RX-, TX+/RX+, TX+, TX-, 60mA, GND, RXD, TXD)

My question is what pin from the RJ45 would match up with "D-, D+"?

Also for the XLE105 do I have to trip a jumper switch to terminate the Controller end of the network?

I know nothing about any of the devices you have listed, but if the "SmartMod" only has two data lines, I'd say it is a half duplex system.

For RS485/422 in that circumstance, TX+ is tied to RX+, TX- is tied to RX-, and you hope that the controller is tristate-able.

Nitpick - You aren't using an RJ45 anywhere. You are using a 8P8C plug.

For $60? I'd go with the manufacturers cable.