G120C - wiring

ToN_

Hello I wanted to ask some questions about the G120C drive and the protection for it.
I want to control a pump, with the motor rating of 5.5 kW, and according to the sinamics portal, they suggest the G120C drive with the 5.5kW rating the model is " 6SL3210-1KE21-3AF1" , and the circuit breaker that they suggest is "3RV2021-4EA10" , the problem is this circuit breaker is rated at 27 - 32A.
Isn't that a little too high, because I think the current draw of that motor is around 12.5A and I wanted to use "3RV2011-4AA10" that is rated at 10-16A.Can you make a suggestion why is that circuit breaker suggested and what should I use?

Thank you in advance!

The breaker (or fuses if used) are for short circuit protection- protects drive/wire

A correct setup in the drive parameters protects against motor overload/protects the motor

The drive works as an intelligent overload relay. It will take into account the motor speed which a regular overload relay would not. When setting up the motor in the wizard, it is important to specify if the motor is with a normal shaft cooling fan, or an externally powered fan ('forced cooling').
In addition to that, there is a thermistor input on the drive. It is highly recommended to use a thermistor to protect the motor. The thermistor is a better protection than even the 'intelligent' overload protection, as it measures the actual temperature of the motor instead of an estimated temperature.