SLC 505 locks up Citect

oldnerd

I have a a/b SLC 505 with a math overflow in a SCP, the S:5/0 bit is unlatched, to allow a non-shutdown fault of the processor. However when the overflow occurrs it locks up my Citect HMI screen. Anyone run into this before?

why not making your program faultless by filtering the data entering your math function to make sure you're not getting overflow trap...

Because you just tell the plc to ignore the fault, we don't know what happend with that tag and if it cause the plc to fail why not on Citec...

Clearing the fault is a "band-aid" ...

Make the input min/max snd scaled min/max and destination a float. If input min/max and scaled min/max are constant integers then force them to be floats by entering them with a .0 appended. Then recast the CiTect tag as a float.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.