0 TO 10 Volt convert Into 4 to 20mA

jcp

Hi friends;
I have a PCB which give me 0 to 10 volt signal crossponding to the frequency which is 0 to 11520 Hz. Now here is my limitation started, I have ALG223 high density current module for the PLC 90-30 series. Is it possible to convert 0 to 10 volt into 4 to 20mA and connect to the ALG223.
Please guide me how i fix it? Post a circuit diagram if any one have. Thanks
Regards

You seem determined to make things as difficult as possible. The Red Lion model recommended in an earlier thread is field selectable for either voltage or current output. Knowing that you have a mA analog input module, why did you purchase a frequency/voltage converter instead of a frequency/mA? Can you get a IC693ALG222 analog voltage module instead of the IC693ALG223?

The published impedance of a channel on the module you have is 250 ohms. With an additional 250 ohms resistance in series, a ten volt signal will draw 20 mA.

try to find the resistor of 250 ohms, cut it and you will have a voltage input. 250 ohms is only 5 volts but when you take two resistors of about 10000 ohms you create a divider so when 10 volts coming out the input is 5 volts. just try it, if it does not work no worries just put the resistor back and buy a converter.