Start/Stop issue with Crimson 3.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
I have an AB Micrologix 1500 PLC connected to a Red Lion G310 HMI (serial DF1).
To start/stop the motors on the HMI I use a Start button and a Stop button (both momentary), and I link them to the classic sealed rung in the PLC code.
On the screen I make the Start button to dissapear when the enable motor bit is ON, so when the motor is commanded to start the Start button is not shown.
When I try to stop some of the motors, sometimes the motor stops for a fraction of a second and then it starts again. It's like the Start Button Bit on the PLC is stuck.
Tomorrow I will try to leave the Start button visible all the time, and see if the problem still happens.

Has anybody seen this issue?

Thanks!

Using momentary buttons, I normally set the Hold Time to 500ms unless its a momentary jog button that I want to stop as soon as the button is released.

For your start button status, be sure that you are using a bit that is read from the PLC (not the one you are sending to it)...

I have not had any stuck button issues with Crimson yet, so I am curious if you can zip and post your database?