High speed counter

jcp

Hi;
I attached a image of pin configration of HSC module and its detail. The confusion is that, In I/O confugration i insert the module and config it. %AI address is start from %AI0029.
At the bottom of LM90 software CONFIG VALID is shown.
Now i Insert a module into chasis power up load the new configration and on the module OK and CFG LED solid green.
I connect the counter at terminal # 2 of the module. And in the programme first i give the %AI30 but nothing shown. THen i give the %AI29 again no value. So i write %AI31 then it shows the value and also correct.
Quesstion is that starting address is %AI29 why terminal # 2 of module read at %AI31?
Secondly i read the manual but can not understand that how many counter i wired up with that module.
and what is the last %AI address of that module.
Thanks in advance
Regards

You neglected to say whether you configured the module for Type A, Type B, or Type C counting. From your description I expect it is Type A (four 16-bit unidirectional counters).

If that is the case, terminal 2 is the count input for counter #2. The first analog input word (%AI0029 in this case) is always the module status word. For a Type A counter, the second through fifth analog input words are the count rates for counters #1 - #4. Since you connected a pulse signal to the terminal assigned to counter #2, you will see the count rate in %AI31.

I quote from page 4-1 of GFK-0293.
"During each I/O scan, the High Speed Counter module automatically sends 16 status bits (%I) and 15 words (%AI) of register datavalues to the CPU."

Hi;
Yes i use Type A counter. Sir how many counters i am able to connect with it. Actually we have 6 frequency signals and 6 counters As you remembered i post previous threads to read frequency AC signal via HSC (I think u remembered now) after that i buy a counter two days ago and tested today its work fine. But i want to connect 6 signals to that module is it possible with that? If yes on which terminals i connect and what %AI i can use?
Thanks i really need help from you sir.
Regards