LS2208 barcode Scanner Pinout

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Motorola LS2208 barcode scanner that I want to use with a SLC 5/05. the problem is that it has a PS2 connector instead of a 9-pin serial connector and the 5 volt power supply it came with is missing. If I had the pin-out of the RJ45 connector on the scanner, I can build a cable. Can anyone help? Internet searches have been fruitless.

Thanks. This certainly shows pin-outs for USB and PS2 connectors, but not DB9.

I'm sure this scanner is available with a serial cord.

If I connect the scanner like a standard serial mouse or keyboard, do you think it will work? Pin 5 on scanner to pin 2 on DB9. On the scanner, pin 2 will be connected to +5VDC, pin 5 on DB9 will be GND.

Hmm, I suspect the actual cable has a TTL chip to make the conversion to serial.

Worth a shot either way I suppose.