Siemens S7 Error

rajendrad

I am getting following error when I do comparison blocks. I received programme from customer, I modified it based on the requirement. When I done comparison block, the error is shown up. I am attaching error shown. I am using Step7 - V 5.2.0.0 Version. Is this because , the original programme is made in different version ? how this can be corrected. need immediate help.

Sorry I could not attach actual error shown.

Error shown - Path 1 contains newer version.

Very difficult to advice you with only a partial error code !

There must be a code number.
Also, when STEP7 displays an error message there is a "details" button which will provide more info on the particular message.
Cut-and-paste the complete text from both the first message and the details info.

I am not even sure that it is an error. Maybe it is the result of the comparison.

You can also attach screenshots:
Hit ALT-PrtScn when the dialog box is active.
Open MS PAINT and hit CTRL-C. Then use SAVE AS and select .jpg.
In your post, use the Attach file at the bottom of the screen and use Browse .

There must be an attachment statement in your text to include the screenshot.

Hi

What the compare function is actually telling you is that the blocks in path 1 and path 2 are different(see the size and checksum differences).What you can do now is press "goto" and the stl/fb/lad editor will open both blocks and highlight the differences between path 1 and path 2
the rest is up to you.

hope this helps

regards Steve.

Not sure why it doesnt display the place where the code differs.
Maybe you just have to manipulate the windows a little, it seems that it is only the adress declaration that is shown. The code is just below that.

It seems now that you dont have any errors at all. You have made some changes, and the compare function has pointed them out. Thats all.

Rajendrad,

When you check to see what the differences are in the code, you must maximize both windows, and then push "Shift-F3" to get them side by side. Normally this will happen automatically, but it might depend on how you usually view blocks (I always look at them "maximized"). Looking at your screen shot, it looks like the windows are simply too small to view the code.

Also, you can tell a lot from the first "compare blocks" dialog window. First, it's telling you that one of the blocks is a newer version. Sometimes this is important, and sometimes not. You will get this message even if you just change a comment, which gives the block a new date stamp, even though the code didn't change at all. In that case, the meassage can be ignored. But in your dialog box, it also tells you that the MC7 code length is different (1656 bytes vs 1702 bytes), and this would not be the case if only the local variable data changed. So, there must be actual differences in the executable code. Again, by clicking "Go To" and maximizing the windows side-by-side, you will see these differences.

There is no error. You modigies the code and saved it as a new project. The difference is the change YOU made. My guess is, you added a variable, an IN, OUT IN/OUT or TEMP. You double click on the little box to the left of the word IN, OUT, etc to see what is used. The older version, of software always opened and sometimes had a long list.

If he only changed a variable, the executable code would not show differences. In this case, the actual code has changed.

And since he said he changed the code, this is to be expected.

Rajendrad, if you are satisfied with your changes, and you don't see any other unexpected differences, then the old project can just be archived (just in case), and you can start using the new code.

Thanks to all. I know what I changed in the programme. As suggested I will Archive the old programme and load new one.I am sure that it will work only nervous why comparison shows different in local variable though I didn't touched local variables.

Thanks once again for your valuable feedback.

Some of the ladder constructs used in Step7 will use local variables as intermediate steps that you don't see in ladder. If you change your view in the FB from Ladder to STL you will probably see some variable references like L12.0, or LW15 or stuff like that. This is simply something that Step7 uses internally and these uses can show up as local variable table differences.

Keith