PanelBuilder32 Display Change

MJC

Hi, I did quite a bit of searching around in the help files and manuals, can't quite find anything that can help me, so hopefully someone can.
I have a small project that runs a meat massager. It's cycle is based on time. Once the cycle completes I trigger a bit in the PLC (SLC 5/04). With this bit I'd like to call a screen change in the HMI, to notify the operator that the process has completed. From there I want the operator to touch the screen returning him to the previous screen that he/she was in.

Please shine some light.
Thank you.

Have a look under Aplication Settings at the Control Tags. There is a Screen Control Tag Setting there. Then put a Return Pushbutton on the Screen that you open to take you back to the original Screen.

Stu....

Make sure the register you use to control the screen change is reset to zero after
the screen change occurs. This will release control back to the operator.

Also for future referance, how can I know/read what screen the operator in is in?
Thanks

I would use One Shot Instructions on the Data moves to the PV Screen Number.

If you look in the same Application Settings, there is a Status Tags Tab. One of them is for the Sreen Number.

Stu....

Also for future referance, how can I know/read what screen the operator in is in?
Thanks

Instead of "Control Tags" open "Status Tags" to read the screen number.
See Picture below

Edit: sthompson types faster then I do.

statusTags.jpg

Last edited:

What happens if the process never gets completed ?

You might just use a "EQU" to compare the screen status to 27 and then give control back to the operator.

I would use One Shot Instructions on the Data moves to the PV Screen Number.
Yes that's what I thought, Thank You

What happens if the process never gets completed ?
Mickey the process can be stoped via push button, if this happens an alarm message is triggered, and stored in the alarm list. The operator can pause the process at any given time, and in the event of fault such as overload trip the process is paused as well, and can be resumed by the operator if the fault is cleared/fixed

Last edited:
Mickey the process can be stoped via push button, if this happens an alarm message is triggered, and stored in the alarm list. The operator can pause the process at any given time, and in the event of fault such as overload trip the process is paused as well, and can be resumed by the operator if the fault is cleared/fixed

That was my point, if the process never gets completed ( your post #6) then you are stuck on screen 27. You need another method to reset the screen control.