Kinetix and Loadcell

consol

Hi,
Is it possible to use a loadcell directly connected to a Kinetix drive?

We currently have the loadcell connected to an analog card on a controllogix.
We need to stop a drive when a pressure sp is reached, however, we're getting overshoot that we think is due to scan.

Thanks.

More Information Please

What is your load cell update rate? What is the RPI of the Analog input?

How fast can the Pressure change per drive increment - ie a 1 mm move on the drive with a surface area of 10 mm^2 can cause a huge pressure change vs 1m^2
What speed are you moving the drive at?

How are you controlling the Kinetic Drive ?

How fast is the requirement to make pressure, eg a 100mm move in 0.2 seconds or 0.05 seconds

Some rungs that you are using as a minimum would be good, The whole program better if allowed.

Personally I would probably work out the Pressure scaling compared to drive Torque Limit and then limit the drive torque during the move - Much faster than waiting for the analog to respond.