Crimson quick plot

Brijm

Lifetime Supporting Member
unless I missed it, the quick plot function in crimson 3 is'nt documente yet. Want to see if any of the red lion guy's, or if anyone who has a chance to play with it can shed some light on thie subject. The continuous mode seems fairly straight forward, but I haven't had much luck, with the other modes.

Thanks

unless I missed it, the quick plot function in crimson 3 is'nt documente yet. Want to see if any of the red lion guy's, or if anyone who has a chance to play with it can shed some light on thie subject. The continuous mode seems fairly straight forward, but I haven't had much luck, with the other modes.

Thanks

Brian,

Here is what the description should look like in the upcoming manual update

• The Mode property is used to set how data is recorded. Continuous mode records in a circular buffer, discarding old values. Continuous is the most commonly used mode. One-shot relative will start recording when the enable becomes true, and stop when the buffer fills or when enable goes false. The time values used to find the position in the slot will be relative to the time when the plot started. One-shot absolute is similar, except that all time values are zero-based.
• On Rewind specifies what to do if time goes backwards. This can happen since the time base can be a variable. The options are to either clear the data after the time to which we have stepped back, or shift all the data in the buffer so that the old data is retained but is shifted back in time.
• Enable starts and stops the trend.
• Data Valid allows gaps to be recorded in the data without stopping the trend and thereby dropping all the data when it restarts.
• By default, Time Base is the system time. It is used to define the time base. For specialized applications (e.g. recording ramp-soak performance from an external controller) it can be an external time base.
• Time Span is the number of time base ticks to record in the buffer. Note that this is typically larger than the point count and, together with that variable, defines how many ticks each slot will take up.
• Point Count is the number of points to store in the buffer. As the quick plot is designed for a basic display of a tag’s changes over time, this is typically a smaller value, i.e. smaller than the number of pixels across the display.

Thanks
Jeremy