Siemens S7 1200

willified

I am not familiar with what this is, however I picked one up at a local garage sale only because it was unopened and looked technical. From what I can tell it is a S7 1200 Starter Kit with KTP 400 with a few software packages in it. Simatic STEP 7 Basic V10.5 Technical Product Date for CAx Applications and Premium Studio 2009. They are all unopened. It has 4 unopened boxes in it as well as a green ethernet cable (or at least it looks like it)..No clue what this is worth or what it does. Did a little research on what it may be worth but any help would be appreciated and if any engineers on here could benefit from it I am looking to sell it as I have no idea what to do with it. Thanks.

I gave $8 for it a garage sale..they didnt know what it was either. Im still not sure what it is but from what I have seen could be worth a little..I had a guy offer $800 for it.

there are several part numbers. It comes in a hard case box. there is some unopened software as well as 5 unopened boxes. The guy told me it was a S7 1200 starter kit with extra software.

not real sure what I am looking for.....I can look at post whatever you want me to....just point me in the right direction.

List all the part numbers (should be 6SE7 (FROM MEMORY!)) and someone in the US will give you some prices

Or try ebaying the part numbers you have, 10/1 they are on ebay already with bids

The software is still in the box with original shrink wrap on it...does that mean it will have the license for it? Not real sure how this stuff works...

That product has only been released in the US for about a year, those kits are sold typically at a loss as part of distributor workshops to help spread the word, but to buy it outright is $550 list with that 4" mono HMI. You should jump on the $800 offer!

Most likely it was stolen from the back of someone's car. No way the guy who sold it for $8 had legitimate possession of it without knowing it's value. I've had things like that stolen from my car by druggies and in one case ended up in the trash because they have no clue what it is. The one found in the trash was a demo case for a controller and with all the bells and whistles, was going to cost me $4000 to replace. But to the druggie who was hoping for a laptop, it's just junk.

No license is necessary for the software now, I think it sells for $99. It's only good for the 1200 series.