Omron Servo Reverse Direction

Sockules

Hey, relative PLC newbie. Have been trying to get an Omron R88D series servo motor/driver to make a relative movement in the negative direction (CW). I'm using the MOV (021) command to send position data to the proper channels (524 or 526, can't remember), but the negative never registers.

I've managed to jog the servos in the negative (CW) direction by toggling a direction bit, but this has no bearing on the relative movement command. Currently, I have a VB shell sending the position data via Ethernet, so I thought it may have something to do with my binary conversion; but when I plug negative data into the MOV command in CX-Programmer, I still only see movements in the CCW direction.

Any idea why the negative won't register? Running a CJ1M PLC, NCF71 servo controller, R88D series servo driver. Speed and position data is being read from DM areas (I think that's the term), and motor is positioned by putting the relative movement command high.

try with the MOVL (498) command. The positionning command is double word. I have never work with the NCF card but I think that the positionning command should be somewhere in the CIO 15xx depending of your card number.

Thanks, the MOVL function allows me to manually plug in a negative value and have the servos move in the CW direction! Now I just need to figure out how to send a negative hex value from my VB shell.