Uploading from Omron CJ2M EtherCAT servo system using CX-Programmer v9.7

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I work for a used industrial machinery merchant. We try to get uploads from all our machines for future customer support and security.

We have a machine with an Omron SYSMAC CJ2M CPU34 which appears to have a CJ2M-EIP21 Ethernet/IP port plugged into it. Connected to the CPU is an CJ1W-NC281 EtherCAT Position Control Unit, a CJ1W-ID211 input module and a CJ1W-OD212 output module. Hanging off of the NC281 on EtherCAT are two R88D-KN04H-ECT servo drives.

I've managed to get an upload from the CPU. My question is, by getting this upload, have I also gotten an upload from the NC281 and the R88D servo drives? When I double-click on the NC281 in the PLC IO table, I get a new window showing the details of the R88Ds. It took a while to appear, as if it might be uploading the information on demand. This new window (entitled New Unit[Unit model: CJ1W-NC281 Unit No.0]), under its NC Unit menu bar item has a Transfer [NC to PC]. I'm not sure if PC in this instance means my laptop or the programmable controller.

So, have I already got the complete system uploaded or do I need to perform this NC to PC transfer?