Uploading Omron HMI obsolete model, please guide.

flyers

Hi guys,

I've a customer using an Omron HMI (old model): NT20M-DT121-V2.

1) Does anyone know what is the suitable software and cable to upload the project?

2) Is there any other settings we need to do to perform the upload?

Thank you.

Hi
U require the software : NT SupportTool to access the HMI. U can connect directly to the PC with a serial port. Port of HMI will be 9-pin female and U require a Serial 9-pin male to 9-Pin[m/f PC depend] cable. U can make out the cable easily. The pin connections are so easy.
In NT Support software, open a file, Select the model and Comm port. Just click the Upload option. If Connection is perfect, Data will be loaded to the file.

Note: Normally Software will be issued with HMI's.

panic mode i didn't use those in ages but if my memory is still any good, i think you need to touch the corners of the display and set transfer mode.

That is the key, you could be there hours trying to connect if you don't enable transfer

Mind you, all this information is in the manual that gtsupport posted link to

scottmurphy said:
That is the key, you could be there hours trying to connect if you don't enable transfer

Mind you, all this information is in the manual that gtsupport posted link to

I think in the manual it asked us to press the buzzer, up & down keys together to go into system menu. In the system menu there is a transfer option and maintenance option. Do I still need to touch the corners of the screen?

The manual is correct.
Touching two corners for the menu is on the NT20S (newer unit).
You will not need to touch the corners.
Once in the menu, just touch the switch for transfer and you should be set.

gtsuport said:
The manual is correct.
Touching two corners for the menu is on the NT20S (newer unit).
You will not need to touch the corners.
Once in the menu, just touch the switch for transfer and you should be set.

Dear all,

Managed to upload the program, but realise that the path (in the software) must be set to just C; or D; cannot use too many layers of folders.

Thanks guys for all the great help.