Windows 7 cannot see ControlLogix

Seppuku

Problem: Windows 7 laptop cannot see controllogix processor, 2 different XP laptops can (strangely, Netscan run on W7 laptop sees the CL processor?!?!?)

System: 4 prod lines with individual DH+ networks, all funnel into controllogix processor and out via ethernet card to eth network with WAPs.

Has anyone else run into this?
Thanks!

What version of windows7? Home or Pro? 32 or 64 bit? What version of RSLinx? According to the Compatibility Matrix, you need ver. 2.57 of Linx. Of course others on this forum have got RA software to run on unsupported OSs.

Sorry, Windows 7 pro 64 bit. RSLinx Classic Pro is 2.57.00.14 CPR 9 SR 3. Firewall on laptop has been shut off.

OK, RSLinx 2.57 works with W7 x64. They don't mention (yet) whether it work with SP1. Also not all drivers work under x64. I'm guessing your using an ethernet connection. What RSLinx driver are you using? Ethernet I/P or ethernet? did you check all the IP adresses?

What exactly does RSLinx show you for the Controllogix? A yellow question mark? Or a red X? Did you type in the crroect IP address into the driver config? You could also try the Ethernet I/P driver instead.

Operaghost is right -- the first order of business is getting the network setup correctly to start with. Can you ping it? If you can't ping it, there's NO way Linx is going to do anything. Ping will confirm IP address, subnet, and firewall. There's no way we can offer any other advice until it pings...

I get yellow question mark under a red X. Status says "Comm. error 01E00204

Set to a 'Work' network with all sharing turned on

Cannot ping from Windows command prompt, however, the program 'Netscan' shows the IP, MAC etc of the CL processor.