Site Visit

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi to all.
In early June I am taking a road trip from Denver to Florida to get to RSTechEd (not sure of the exact route yet as it will be dependant on your weather)
Are there any members on the route who would be able and willing to give me a quick tour of their workshops (switchboard manufacturing)
This is more for my interest to see how things are done in a different country. (and it may help you as well)
Regards Alan Case

Alan,

I'm not trying to bust your bubble, but most companies mandate a reason for a tour in their plant. In my facility, it must be for a sales call, repair visit, or other specific reason and then approved by mgmt.

regards,
james

I was thinking more along the lines of a place that employs up to 20 people and does not have that management structure in place.
Regards Alan Case

Welcome to America
The Weather will be fine.
I could figure out an excuse to give you a tour if you are visiting So. Cal.

I'm in Kansas City. I could probably get you a tour of my facility, but it is more manufacturing.
I do have contact with a small controls shop that would probably be willing.

Do you need places to stay as well?

Hi.
Thanks for all the replies. I have been so busy trying to tie up loose ends at work and I just havent had time to come here.
It looks like we are travelling further south down through Texas as my travelling companions are worried about tornados. Bit hard to explain that the entire midwest is not in the grip of a continuous twister. dYoast: Thanks for the offer, it would be interesting as I would like to see the difference in how things are done.
Hi Peter. One day I will make it to your facility.
Gbradley: Unfortunately we won't be anywhere near Corona.
Regards Alan Case

Alan a shop I recommend to people is http://www.flanderselectric.com/. When I was there they had a 25,000 HP motor in the shop. They open all of their plants up to tours anytime. They build motors, drives, and just about anything associated with power.
If you make the trip let me know I am always up to meet new people and go through that plant again.

Alan,

Have a look at this website.

http://factorytoursusa.com/

It isn't exactly what you are looking for, but there are some gems in there. The one I really liked (that is not on your route) is the BMW Plant in Greenville SC. You might find something that interests you.