Issues with this site again

BobB

Lifetime Supporting Member
When I connect to the site PLCS.NET is checking to see if the connection is secure. I click on a topic and it does it again. Click back and it does it again. Additionally mark this forum read is not working. Anyone else having these problems?

+1. Today is the first time I have been required to log in every time I try to post a reply and I get logged out with every page change. I also saw the Cloudfare warning, for the first time today, but did not have to click anything. Prior to today, I had only experienced slow-downs on this site.

Huh; I thought the Cloudflare check was just something new because I was accessing the site from France, where that's common. But I'm at Newark Liberty now and I got the same thing.

This site labors for free under moderate load with archaic software so I don't expect too much from it. Ain't gonna abandon decades of history for some Discord server.

Phil is doing his best to keep it going - I'll wager this will help with the spam that has been increasing. Just need to see what this verification requires and provide it. Its been working fine for me, one splash screen on logon and that's it.

I'm seeing the same thing TheWaterboy is seeing. One splash page with a quick automated check and I get the the site. Once I am in Q&A nothing further pops up.

Keith

I have the same experience where I only get a couple second loading screen from cloud flare, then the site works as normal. If you are using a VPN, check to see if that is the issue, cloud flare does not like VPNs.

Hi All,

Firstly… Merry Christmas to all of you!

Secondly, as some of you may have noticed I made some modifications to our backend to address some speed issues a few had raised.
The good news is the speed issues are resolved and it should be blazing fast regardless if you are on the US east or west coast, Europe, Australia, Asia, South America… wherever!
The bad news is, just like in some of my PLC ‘machine upgrade’ projects, I achieved the main goal but seem to maybe have caused some minor glitches to be fixed (for some folks) lol.

IF you are having issues, it’s ‘likely’ caused by a browser extension, adblocker or older browser.

Troubleshooting recommendations:

-->Try disabling your browser extensions one by one and reloading the site after each to find which (if any) extension is not working well here

-->Try disabling your adblocker.
Reload the site

-->Using an older browser? Try upgrading to the latest/greatest of whatever you’re using.
I run latest MSEdge on Windoze 10 with Ghostery extension for adblocking/privacy/etc and it works fine.
I tried Chrome (not a fan) and it works fine
I tried Firefox and it works fine
I don’t have access to Apple desktop but tried Safari on an iphone and it works fine

-->IF you are STILL having login issues, repetitive prompts and/or missing images AFTER trying the above:
log out of the forum
clear your cache
clear the sites cookies
close the browser
visit the site

-->IF YOU STILL HAVE SITE ISSUES hit the contact us link at the bottom right of the forum and I’ll do my best to help you

Enjoy,

Firefox Nightly was pretty bad on the site - funny - have always used it. Edge is much better.

Firefox Nightly was pretty bad on the site - funny - have always used it. Edge is much better.
I'm sure you're aware BobB, but just in case some readers are not, the Nightly version is a daily update release so not considered a stable version of Firefox...

Enjoy,

The only thing I noticed is the check, once that is done it's fine & certainly fast so no problems I like it, don't mind the check, it only happens when I first log on after that it's fine, I'm on Win11 & edge, I have a ad blocker but no other issues.
well done Phil a good improvement.

Hi All,

Firstly… Merry Christmas to all of you!

Secondly, as some of you may have noticed I made some modifications to our backend to address some speed issues a few had raised.
The good news is the speed issues are resolved and it should be blazing fast regardless if you are on the US east or west coast, Europe, Australia, Asia, South America… wherever!
The bad news is, just like in some of my PLC ‘machine upgrade’ projects, I achieved the main goal but seem to maybe have caused some minor glitches to be fixed (for some folks) lol.

IF you are having issues, it’s ‘likely’ caused by a browser extension, adblocker or older browser.

Troubleshooting recommendations:

-->Try disabling your browser extensions one by one and reloading the site after each to find which (if any) extension is not working well here

-->Try disabling your adblocker.
Reload the site

-->Using an older browser? Try upgrading to the latest/greatest of whatever you’re using.
I run latest MSEdge on Windoze 10 with Ghostery extension for adblocking/privacy/etc and it works fine.
I tried Chrome (not a fan) and it works fine
I tried Firefox and it works fine
I don’t have access to Apple desktop but tried Safari on an iphone and it works fine

-->IF you are STILL having login issues, repetitive prompts and/or missing images AFTER trying the above:
log out of the forum
clear your cache
clear the sites cookies
close the browser
visit the site

-->IF YOU STILL HAVE SITE ISSUES hit the contact us link at the bottom right of the forum and I’ll do my best to help you

Enjoy,

One thing I've noticed besides the Cloudflare check is that when looking up threads from Google, if it tries to open up the text only version it will open up the homepage instead. I'm able to work around that by copying the URL from Google, copying the thread ID, and then appending it to another thread's URL.