legacy GE 9020 micro PLC software??

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a client machine tool with a GE Fanuc micro PLC 28 point. I am told it is a legacy model 9020 likely programmed with an obsolete $3000 software. Can anyone identify the software / cable I need to comm up / identify and fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.o_O

Unless there are compatibility issues with very old firmware versions, somebody is feeding you a line.

The 90-20 was programmed with the same Logicmaster 90 used with the 90-30. It never cost anywhere close to three grand. In fact, if you can locate a VersaPro CD, you'll find it there. The port on the 90-20 is RS485, so you'll need the same converter/cable as for the 90-30. That's HE693SNPCBL.

Steve; Likely "a line"...GE pointed me to local rep; all they wanted to do is sell newer version of PLC. I don't have program and have no enterest in programming from scratch. I have an output stuck on. I need to go online and confirm no condition is triggering output (we think it is stuck closed) then simply move output to one of several spares to restore on / off function. I am also slightly worried about the possibility that the PLC might be password protected so I dont want to invest too many $$$ just to hit a dead end. I can't get ANY info on this from original builder. How much will this software likely cost me?

Stu; thanks I'll locate / purchase cable IF I can get software at decent price. If this gets too high (>$500-600) we may be forced to let machine tool builder gouge client with pre-programmed replacement unit...This will also require wiring changes and longer than desired down time...🤾

See if you can locate someone locally who has experience with GE Fanuc PLCs and get him to come in and connect. What you've described shouldn't take much time for someone who knows his way around the hardware and software. Unless the person has something like a full day minimum billing, a few hours of his time will probably cost you less than locating and purchasing Logicmaster 90 and then going through the learning curve to figure out how to make whatever changes you need to make.

When the output is energized by ladder logic, the corresponding LED on the PLC will be lit. If the LED is off but the output is energized, the output has failed in the on state. That's a typical mode of failure for triacs (AC outputs).

Thanks I may do that as I have no desire to add GE Fanuc capabillities at this time. The LED stays on and we have debated on that. Does the LED mean output command is present or output is physically closed on relay outputs despite logic command??? If you are right then we likely have another reason the output is on and going online will allow us to quickly identify/fix...