Compact Logix l32e Digital/Analog I/O Devices

J_Winch

Hey there!

I am a student from Georgian College in Barrie Ontario Canada and as a final project before graduation I am building a PAC (programmable automation controller) Trainer for students to use years behind myself. I have a 16x16x6 enclosure i am using to keep the compact logix l32e unit inside. I have two cards, a digital input with 6 outputs and 4 inputs and an analog card with 4 inputs and 2 outputs. I am using 2 pushbuttons and two selector switches for the digital inputs and 6 pilot lights for the digital outputs. I am having trouble finding inexpensive analog inputs and outputs to purchase for this trainer. what and where would be a good place to search for these devices. keep in mind that i am a 20 student in his 3rd year of school. Money is running short haha.

The only thing I have come up with for inputs is an analog potentiometer or an analog proximity sensor, i cannot think of any outputs appropriate.

any help is greatly appreciated
thanks,
Jesse Winchester

A potentiometer set up as a voltage divider to give you a 0 - 10 V analog input is a very common demo/trainer input, and those panel meters are very common demo outputs.

You could try an analog proximity sensor, or a "string pot" for displacement measuring, for something more interesting.

Or how about an circuit with a cadmium-sulfide photoresistor, so you could turn the enclosure towards or away from a light source to change the analog input value.