Outputs not working on Compact Logix L32e

justinfromPA

Im on site, there was water damage in the cabinet. Trying to see what i can do

Right now here is there. I can see all inputs, and LEDs work. 24vdc is being supplied to every card.

-In the prog, i can see the status of every card is "Running"
-Controller in Run mode
-Ive powered cycled, as well as switched from Prog to run multiple times
-Ive attempted forcing with no luck.
-Replaced one output card with no change
-its almost like the program isn't running through the routines although its in run mode

Last time I dealt with a water damaged PLC, we chucked the whole works including phoenix contact power supplies and replaced with new (about 14 cards, split into two racks). Not worth the effort to salvage individual cards.

While online with the PLC, do you see the inputs change inside the program?

Yes, i can see the inputs change. Im looking at several simple rungs where It requires just a button input. When I press that button, The OTE doesnt energize

My computer doesnt have internet so i cant upload zip. But even on the main routine its not even running through logic even though The rungs are green and its in run mode.
Busted PLC?

you say LEDs work.. you mean the LED output lights turn on and you have no output? is this a relay output or is it sink/source.

when you say it's not running through the logic, you mean you can do something like make a timer true and you see no counting or anything?

The LEDson output cards do not work. No LEDs, no output. All cards being supplied 24vdc steady.
Yeah exactly, in the main routine there are several timers. There are several rungs with just OTEs and the OTEs dont even light up
Super confusing

I have a feeling that the processor is actually in Program mode, but just showing Run mode.

you may have to disable IO in the tree that could be trying to message to and from the PLC. if you isolate everything, then cycle the program/run and power cycle, you may get it to change state like it needs to.

Are you online to the processor to toggle from run to program and back? Could be a bad key switch.
Is there any safety hardware that must be reset to enable power to the output rack?

Check output card properties. The card could be inhibit (disabled).
Also check if you have mapped your outputs correctly and if you see your real output bits energizing in PLC program.

If you have a Techconnect contract, you can view the article

ID: QA4753 | Access Levels: TechConnect

It explains a bit of what I had said that you can see a run light while actually in program mode, outputs and functions will be off, but it won't fully transition if there is something that the plc is trying to communicate with that isn't responding or is gone.

see if you can power cycle it while in program mode with the keyswitch, then switch back after it starts up.